Spices in Masala Chai: Understanding the Role of Each Ingredient
Masala chai, also known as spiced tea, is a popular beverage originating from India. It is made by combining black tea, milk, sugar, and a blend of aromatic spices. The blend of aromatic spices and black tea creates a perfect harmony of flavours and aromas that is hard to resist. In this blog, we'll take a closer look at the masala chai ingredients commonly used in creating the perfect cup of masala chai and their roles in making an ideal blend.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a warm and sweet spice that adds a subtle sweetness to the chai. It also helps to balance blood sugar levels and aids in digestion.
- Cardamom: Cardamom is a fragrant spice that has a sweet and slightly citrusy flavour. It is the most important spice in chai, and its aroma is what gives chai its distinctive fragrance. It also has antioxidant properties and aids in digestion.
- Cloves: Cloves have a strong and pungent flavour and a sweet, warming aroma. They help to alleviate toothache and bad breath and have antimicrobial properties.
- Ginger: Ginger is a warming spice that adds a spicy and slightly sweet flavour to chai. It aids in digestion and helps to alleviate nausea and colds.
- Black Pepper: Black pepper is a pungent spice that adds heat to chai. It helps to improve digestion and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Star Anise: Star Anise has a sweet and licorice-like flavour. It helps to improve digestion and has anti-inflammatory properties.
Nutmeg: Nutmeg has a warm and nutty flavour and adds a slightly sweet and woody taste to chai. It also helps to relieve stress and anxiety.
Moreover, if you're looking for a hassle-free way to make a perfect cup of masala chai without worrying about measuring the right number of spices, Guppy Moms Masala Chai could be the solution for you. It's an Assam CTC blend with a well-balanced mix of spices, including cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, clove & star anise that has been specifically designed to provide the perfect blend of flavours. With Guppy Moms Masala Chai, you can easily make a delicious and aromatic cup of masala chai without any of the fuss of measuring and mixing individual spices. If you're looking to make a stronger cup of masala chai, you may find that adding Guppy mom's signature blend Chai Masala to your masala CTC Assam mix can do the trick.
This product is said to enhance the strength and flavour of your chai, resulting in an extra strong masala chai. So, the next time you're looking for a flavourful beverage, consider brewing a cup of Guppy Moms masala chai and enjoy a spoonful of pyaar!